Monday, February 21, 2011

We're Foster Parents....

To this cute little (not really) guy!
This is Bo. He's a 19 pound yorkie and he's really sweet. He belongs to one of the ladies living at the Mission and I just couldn't let him end up at the pound so he's staying with us for a while. He loves John. He follows him around and sits or lays at his feet when he's doing something in the kitchen. He reminds me a lot of Story because he does many of the same things that she does - like jump on the back of the couch to lay down and bark like a chicken.
John's mom and sister came to visit this weekend for my birthday. We spent Friday shopping at the mall and had dinner Saturday night at Asian O'Fusions in Norman. It's one of my favorite places. The pineapple fried rice is to die for. For my birthday I got a pair of TOMS. I love them! I've worn them ever since I got them and can't wait to get another pair. They are so comfy!
Sunday we went to church and as we were worshipping with the Habuda's and the Hulsey's all I could do was smile. Joy just bubbled inside of me. God has blessed John and I so much - with an amazing church and with wonderful friends. I always look forward to Sunday mornings and I can't always find the right words to describe how blessed I feel by Summit church and the friends that we get to worship with on Sunday mornings.
After church everyone came over for lunch. John grilled some amazing steaks and chicken and we had birthday cake to celebrate my birthday. Maddie helped me blow out the candles. Sunday night John and I went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Civic Center. It was wonderful! Such a great show. John even loved it (but don't tell him that I told you.) I would love to take John to NYC to see a Broadway show. Maybe we can a quick trip in before we become parents. I don't have a single picture from Beauty and the Beast...I didn't do the greatest job of taking photos this weekend.
God really moved this weekend - in my life and in other ways. I haven't had the chance to sit down and really process it all or to write out all that I feel like He is doing. I hope to spend some time journaling about it tonight and then blog about it later this week. God is really working and moving and I'm glad He's asking me to be a part of the journey.
I will also be announcing the giveaway later this week on the blog - stay tuned to see how you can win some great prizes while helping us bring home our Missing Linck(s).
Here are a few photos from the weekend ( I didn't take near as many as I should have)

 My yummy birthday cake....
 John and I with his mom and sister
 Our wonderful friends the Habuda's and the Hulsey's - we are so blessed to know these guys!
 Maddie helped put the candles on the cake, sang Happy Birthday to me and then helped me blow out the candles. Then she enjoyed a piece of cake.
Blowing out the birthday candles.


No comments:

Post a Comment