Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Suffering....

The other night I was watching TV and the Christian band FFH was being interviewed. The lead singer Jeromy was diagnosed with MS in 2007 and he was talking about suffering.
He said that suffering doesn't have to be "physical pain". It can be loosing your job, waiting on something (like having kids), it could be a desert season.
He said "Suffering is not just for some people and it's not optional. But there is joy because suffering is where Jesus meets us in special ways."
I just love that! I think many times we think that suffering has to hurt physically. I think many times we think that when we become Christians every thing will always be peachy king. That's not what God's Word says.

Romans 5:3-5 says "We also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character, and character hope..."

Romans 8:18 says "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

FFH sang a song that really spoke to my heart. The words in the chorus could totally describe me. My idea of having a family wasn't always adoption, but God chose it for me. And through infertility and waiting to become a mother I have never felt as close to God. He is leading me....down the path He has picked out especially for me. Soak in the lyrics below and remember that if you are a Christian, there is always a purpose for your suffering.

"And this may not be the road I would choose for me but it still feels right some how.
And I have never felt you as close to me as I do right now. So this is what it feels like to be led."

No comments:

Post a Comment