Thursday, August 19, 2010

We Will Adopt Because...

Today a friend from work e-mailed me the link to a blog that I had never read. The words from one of the posts just penetrated my heart. It's exactly how I feel....it's exactly what I want people to know....the words speak volumes about this thing called adoption. After reading these words today and holding sweet Solomon last night, I know, I know, I know, that I am RIGHT where God wants me to be. I am completely humbled that my Saviour would choose ME to be a part of this amazing journey that He is orchestrating. Do I know exactly how it will all pan out? Heavens no! At this point I don't know how we are going to find 60 people to play golf in our golf tournament in August or how we are going to come up with all the money. It's very emotional, it's very exciting - I need A LOT of patience. We have a long road ahead of us, but I can't even imagine how amazing it's going to be when we bring our child home. When we see those big brown eyes for the first time! I would like to share with you what the author of the blog posted. I hope that you are as touched by these words as I was. She does such a great job of proclaiming God's truth and reminding me that if God has called us to it, He's going to make a way.

"And every single day it (adoption) is worth it. Because ADOPTION IS GOD'S HEART! He sets the lonely in families. Adoption is the reason that I can come before God's throne and beg Him for mercy, because He predestined me to be adopted as His child through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has so freely given us in the one He loves.
My family, adopting these children, it is not optional! It is not my good deed for the day...I adopt because God commands me to care for the orphans and the widows in their distress. I adopt because to whom much has been given, much will be demanded. I adopt because whoever finds his life will loose it but whoever loses his life for HIS sake will find it."

If this touched you, as much as it touched me, you can find more from the author at her blog
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment