Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm One Proud Sister...

Today's post has nothing to do with adoption. Today, I want to take a moment to brag about my sister. She is graduating from nursing school tonight, and to say that I am proud of her is an understatement.

I know I am going to cry tonight! (I am crying right now as I write this) I think my sister is probably one of the strongest people I know. This year she has had to walk down a hard road...she has had to to make heartbreaking decisions. At times, it probably would have been easier to throw her hands up and quite - just crawl in a hole and sulk. But not Myka. She has handled each challenge and each heartbreak with such amazing grace. Nothing was going to stop her from accomplishing her dreams of being a nurse - not the student adviser who told her she would never make it in nursing school because she was married and worked too much, not the heartbreak she has faced this year, not the early, early mornings and long drives to school and clinicals each day, not the many many hours of studying, not that stupid racoon who decided to jump in front of her slug bug on her way to class!

Over the past year, I have spent so many hours praying for my sister, my heart has broken for her and with hers. I have wished so many times that I could take away the pain that she has faced. I have prayed for her as she has taken all those tests and rejoiced with her when she passed them all.

This year has been tough and challenging, but my sister didn't just survive it, she has kicked major butt!

I love the person that she has become over the past year....God has molded and shaped her into an amazing, strong woman. He has used this season of her life to built her character. She has persevered! I know that God has amazing things in store for her! I am so darn proud!

I know I will probably cry my eyes out tonight! It's going to be a HUGE celebration! We will rejoice with and celebrate Myka and all that she has overcome and all that she has become.



No comments:

Post a Comment