Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our First Ethiopian Dinner....

Tonight John and I went to dinner with some new friends who recently adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia. Lance, Stephanie and Solomon met us at the Queen of Sheba, an Ethiopian restaurant in Oklahoma City, and John and I got to experience our first Ethiopian feast. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to try Ethiopian food because I'm not one to try new things....I kind of like to stick to chicken and mashed potatoes :) Thankfully, Lance and Stephanie were super at suggesting what to try and the meal was wonderful!!! The only part of the meal that I wasn't crazy about was the Injera, which is the bread that is used instead of utensils. It had a spongy texture to it that I didn't really care for. But the lentils and beef were really great, as well as the Sambusa, which was like a fried pastry filled with chicken and spices.
It was a great experience eating with our hands and learning more about the culture. It was also great getting to chat with Lance and Stephanie about their adoption. Meeting Solomon made me wish I could hop on a plane to Ethiopia tomorrow to go get our baby. Isn't he precious???

Here are a few other photos from our dinner.....





No comments:

Post a Comment