Monday, August 9, 2010

$28,000 Is A Tad Bit Overwhelming....

"Don't be afraid, just believe!" ~Mark 5:36

I have been completely overwhelmed today - about coming up with $28,000 for our adoption and finding 60 people to play in the golf tournament that John is planning for October 23. (More details on the golf tournament to come!)
I have been on my knees, in tears before God today! I found the above verse during my prayer time and it is very fitting for the current obstacles I face. I have no reason to be afraid or anxious, because God really does have all these details in the palm of His hands. I just pray that no matter how hard this journey gets, that I will never take my eyes off of Jesus, that I will never doubt His perfect plan or miss out on all that He wants to teach me along the way.

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
~ Jeremiah 17:7-8

During my prayer time I was talking to God about why I feel overwhelmed. I told Him that one reason is because John and I don't have the support from certain people who we thought we would have support from. The people we thought would have been there for us as we face the challenges of raising $28,000 haven't been there. As I was talking to God about this, He quickly spoke to my heart. He doesn't want John and I to depend on these people. He wants us to CLING to Him - to depend only on Him for wisdom, discernment, the resources we need for the adoption, etc. This quickly came to my mind: people will let you down, God will not!
I was also telling God how there would be absolutely no way that I could be walking through this season of my life without Him. I can get up each morning and face the challenges, only because of my Saviour Jesus Christ.
I am not consumed with doubt, fear or worry - ONLY because I have Jesus! God is bigger than the $28,000 we need for this adoption. God is bigger than my poly cystic ovarian syndrome. God is BIGGER!

"Because of God's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."
~ Lamentations 3:22-25

1 comment: