Monday, August 16, 2010

By Faith Jennifer....

I've studied Hebrews 11 in several of my bible studies. Beth Moore refers to this chapter as the "Faith Hall of Fame."
Verse 8 always stands out to me the most: "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."
In my bible, next to this verse (dated May 4-2010) I have written "Our future adoption, going to Ethiopia. We have to trust God and follow Him even if we can't see His full plan."
Like Abraham, we must have faith, we must trust - that all the details will be worked out in God's perfect way.
In the Beth Moore study, she encouraged us to write the following at the end of Hebrews 11. We were to add a verse 41, which said: "By faith Jennifer...."
I've been thinking about what I would want to be said about me if my name appeared in the "Faith Hall of Fame." I think I would like to read something like this....
"By faith Jennifer, when called to adopt a child, faithfully followed God, as He led her to Ethiopia, trusting that He would provide the finances and take care of all the details because she knew in her heart that this was what He was calling her to do. She stepped out in faith, not based on what others thought, but in obedience to God."
I want to share with you something I read the other day in my bible study by Kelly Minter.
"It's all been about faith. Because we trusted Him, He gave us the grace to walk through it even when we thought we weren't going to make it. Not only did He reveal His miracles first hand to increase our faith, but the people surrounding us also got to see that each blessing was coming from God alone."
I pray that other's will see God's mighty hand in the details of our adoption. John and I both know so many people who need to experience God's love and His amazing miracles. May we be obedient, so that He can do the miraculous!

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment