Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TRUST

“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice…in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He’s the one who will keep you on track.”
Proverbs 3:5-6



My job pretty much rocks. I get to begin each day with God during chapel. The staff rotates giving the daily devotion and this morning it was my turn. The last few devotions that I’ve been given, have been exactly what I needed to hear – funny how God works that way. During my devotion this morning, I was reminded of two things that I oftentimes forgot when it comes to trusting God. 1. Don’t try to figure out everything on your own. 2. When we trust God, we can’t indulge in human reasoning.


I know this may sound like a no brainer. After all, trusting God is a pretty basic part of the Christian life, but I’m realizing it’s not always as easy as it seems.


This morning I shared how I’ve had to learn to trust God on a completely different level through this adoption process. First I had to trust that He would provide the money we needed to adopt – we didn’t have $28,000 sitting in a bank account. I also have to choose to trust Him each and every day regarding the adoption hold ups in Ethiopia. I have to trust that He will move the mountains that are standing in the way of children being united with their forever families.

As I was sharing my heart with the ladies, I told them that although I have seen God provide in amazing ways for our adoption, I still find that doubt lurks in the back of my mind. I start to think “how will we come up with the remaining $7,000 that we need to finish paying for the adoption?”


I have seen God provide more than $20,000, yet I still doubt! I’m sure God is up in heaven, shaking His head, wanting to tell me to take a big, fat chill pill.


God’s word says that we shouldn’t try and figure things out on our own. The devotion I did this morning also said that when we start to doubt, we should look back and see who delivered us in the past. So when I start fretting about $7,000, I think about how God has already provided more than $20,000. I thank Him for what He has done and tell Him that I trust that He will provide the rest – in His perfect way and in His perfect time, because after all, God’s ways are beyond human reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment