Monday, May 9, 2011

Children Are the Best Medicine for A Waiting Heart....

This is my friend Madison. I just love this girl. She brings so much joy to my heart. I love listening to her recite her Bible verses. She gives the best hugs and her laughter makes me smile. I love that she wants to eat “white dip” (ranch) with everything and that I made her day when I just happened to have Craisins at my house.

Yesterday during church I witnessed the most precious sight. I was worshiping, not really paying attention to anything going on around me, when out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Madison was standing behind me in the chair with her arm lifted to Jesus singing along. She’s 3-years-old. I took her small hand in mine and we continued to sing. I guess at some point during the worship I put my hand over my heart because when I glanced back at Madison she was doing the same thing. It was the sweetest moment. Oh to have the faith of a child. I think God knew I would need that sweet moment in the midst of an emotional church service.


I think He also knew my heart might need to be filled up with the love of a child after the emotional Mother’s Day I had. Since I started my job at the Mission, I have fallen head-over-heels in love with two of the kiddos that live there. It isn’t uncommon for me to have both of them sitting on my lap during devotion each morning or to tote one of them on my hip while I sing praise and worship songs. I could just squeeze them they are so cute! I look into their dark, chocolate eyes and see a glimpse of what my babies will look like. They have just stolen my heart.

This morning as I walked into devotion their faces were the first ones I saw. It didn’t take long for both of them to crawl into my lap. As we were singing, the little girl laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. She slept like a rock, her head on my chest, during the entire devotion. I just soaked up the half hour that she slept in my lap. I thanked God for a few “mommy like moments!”

My friend Amber sent me this quote last week and I have been meaning to post it on the blog:

“We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God’s very own hands.” ~Kristi Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment