Monday, May 23, 2011

Cupcakes, A Cabbage Patch Doll and Weekend Fun

When I woke up on Saturday morning it felt like summer. I’m not sure how to describe the feeling except that it felt like I was a kid, waking up on a summer morning, knowing that I didn’t have to go to school. John and I spent the morning piddling about - he washed the cars, I cleaned up the house. We went and bought flowers for the flowerbeds and while I dug around in the mud, John mowed the yard. The sun was shining and I could feel my legs getting bronze. As I planted my begonias I thanked God for the gorgeous day we had just to hang around the house.


I also did a little baking this weekend. I had the honor of making cupcakes for Miss. Ellie Kate’s first birthday! I whipped up a delicious butter cream frosting. (I’m not a big fan of buttery things but it was pretty darn good). John doesn’t have a problem with butter so he ate several spoonfuls of my creamy creation. He didn’t even need a cupcake. Why didn’t I think of opening a cupcake store before it became the rage? I LOVE to bake! Here’s a few yummy photos….



This is the birthday girl! Is she not the cutest thing in the world? I swear she looks like a Cabbage Patch. I could just squeeze her.


The weekend was wonderful, but several things happened that have my head swarming with thoughts - thoughts that I can't quite express with words - about the sermon I heard on Sunday, about Ethiopia and families deciding to go different directions with their adoptions and a possible trip to Haiti. My wheels are especially turning about Haiti. I'm praying and seeking God and what he has planned for John and I and the opportunity that He has presented to us.


I don't have the words to express the jumbled mess in my head, but I should in a day or so. I'll fill you in on all the ways that God is rocking my world (and it's a lot).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a *lot* of interesting stuff is coming--can't wait to hear about it!! Those cupcakes look amazing--I think I might have to stop at the bakery on the way home now. Did you make the pink cake? That little one is adorable. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete