Monday, May 16, 2011

A Few Random Things About Me...

I've been sitting here staring at my blog thinking about how I need to write something - anything - but my mind is just mush today! There really isn't much to report on the adoption front because we're at the point where all we can do is wait. We finished clearing out the nursery this weekend. We moved our computer and desk into the spare bedroom so now we have an office/bedroom. The nursery is ready for for Marcia to work her magic.

I decided I should do a goofy post. Random things you might not know about me. Something fun for this Monday afternoon because I can barely keep my eyes open I'm so sleepy. Here are a few random things about me:

1. I am TERRIFIED of needles! I almost break into a sweat thinking about the shots I'm going to have to get before going to Africa. Yesterday I was told that there's an oral medication for Typhoid and it was literally the best news I had heard all day. Thank you Jesus! One less shot makes one less knot in my stomach.

2. I've been a circus clown! Yep, that's right, I dressed up with the red nose and all and performed under the Big Top. There were some fun perks to being a newspaper reporter for five years!

3. I HATE eggs, milk and butter. Gag, gag, gag....but mix them all together to make a cake (actually a cupcakes is more like it) and I'll eat them.

4. I love cupcakes!! (maybe you figured that out from #4) I love to eat and make them. I wish I had one right now!

5. I snorkeled with sea turtles in Maui.

6. I once ate a hot dog that I dropped at a ballpark stadium (to the horror of my husband) because there was NO WAY that I was going to pay $9 for another one. I'm sure it was covered in germs but I survived and saved some money. But then again, I also licked the bottom of a flip flop because my husband dared me to.

7. I was on the Today Show when I was in NYC. My mom saw me on TV standing outside the studio in the freezing cold!

8. On my wedding day (in my wedding dress) I held the door open for Barry Switzer. Hum..something seems wrong with this picture.

9. I grew up in Stephenville, Texas - the Cowboy Capital of the World. My dad used to be a bull rider/rodeo clown.

10. I used to *heart* Garth Brooks. My parents loved me so much that they took me to Fan Fair in Nashville, Tennessee and we stood in line for 8+ hours to see Garth in concert!

1 comment:

  1. Im cracking up at most of these! Especially the Garth Brooks one!!!

    ReplyDelete