Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Heart is Aching for My Ethiopia Babe....

Last night Sarah and I went to the Queen of Sheba for the monthly Ethiopia Adoptive Families dinner. We met two couples who have already adopted from Ethiopia and another couple, from Norman, who has been on the wait list for 6 months.
After seeing the precious little Ethiopian girls last night and after reading this blog post today, my heart is aching for my Ethiopia baby.
Gladney has received our paperwork, my medical documents should be ready by the end of the week and our homestudy should be scheduled soon BUT it still feels like we have such a long time to wait.
It looks like we won't get to travel to get our baby until early 2012 unless God performs some sort of miracle. Maybe He will......
Many people told us the adoption process was hard. That it was stressful, frustrating, totally out of our control. They were right....it has already been a difficult journey full of so many unknowns and frustrations and we aren't even on the wait list yet. I will definitely become a more patient person over the next year or so....
Even though this journey is long and hard....it's SO going to be worth it. Meeting Abigail last night just made my heart melt. I can't wait for the day when we have our child (or children) and get to take them to the Queen of Sheba to see Mimi and Solomon. When we get to encourage other families who are waiting to travel to Ethiopia to bring home their babies. When we can say "Yes, it's frustrating and hard, but we're proof that international adoption is oh so worth it."

4 comments:

  1. So right! I wish we could just *blink* and have our babies here with us. God knew we could handle this journey...He picked US!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WILL be worth it, and you will NEVER take your child for granted! We have been home for 6 months now with our precious baby girl, and it still fills me with JOY every time I think about it! Adoption is a AMAZING and LIFE CHANGING and A PRIVELEDGE! Hang in there!
    And while you wait, read some books- about babies, adoption, attachment, ANYTHING! I don't have time to do that now that baby is here!!

    ReplyDelete