Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's Christmas Time in Texas....

The title of this post is very fitting. It's the name of a George Strait song and my dad surprised my mom, sister and me with tickets to see George Strait (and Reba) when they come to Oklahoma City on January 15th. We are SO excited! My mom says we are going to get crazy at the concert. If you know my mom, her idea of wild is drinking a coke float and screaming like a teenager as George Strait walks on stage in his signature Wranglers.
Here I am with my concert ticket....

John and I had a great Christmas with my family in Texas. We didn't have a white Christmas like his family did in St. Louis but it was cold. I was glad because the earlier weather forecasts said it would be in the high 60's or low 70's on Christmas Day and I was not looking forward to a balmy Christmas.

I only asked for one thing this Christmas and I got two of them! My sister and John both surprised me with this necklace that I have been wanting....


I called the lady who made the necklaces and explained what had happened and she is going to let me exchange one of the necklaces for this one......(it says "Born in my heart")


My friend Annette said that maybe getting two of the same necklace was a sign that John and I were going to bring home two babies from Ethiopia. I like the way Annette thinks!

John got a huge surprise on Christmas morning. After we had unwrapped all the gifts, my dad told us to sit in the living room because he needed to get something. Well I saw my parents walking through the door before John or Myka did and I started jumping up and down and saying something that I probably shouldn't repeat here on the blog. I knew John was about to FLIP out....

John has been wanting a big screen TV for as long as I have known him but he's never bought one because we've never really been able to afford the splurge.
Well Merry Christmas John (and me)....

I finally got to meet my new (2nd) cousin on Christmas Eve...sweet Ella Grace. She was so tiny and so precious. John, Myka and I passed her around the whole time she was there.....
Myka and I stuck to our Christmas tradition...new matching pajamas! John got new pajamas too but we didn't think he would want pink ones.

And finally, here's our Christmas family photo....


No comments:

Post a Comment