Monday, December 6, 2010

A Little of This...A Little of That...

This post is probably going to be pretty random. Full of a few updates and other things that have been going on.
First of all, John and I got A LOT accomplished this weekend for the adoption. We got many of the documents we needed for our dossier (notarized and everything) and we mailed off our FBI fingerprints. So glad that's done! We are just waiting on John's medical documents to be ready so that we can send in Group A and B paperwork to Gladney. We should be able to do that by the end of the week and then we can wait for our home study to be scheduled.
This weekend we went to Texas to spend some time with my family and we had some family photos taken....aren't they great! (Thanks Mylissa!)


I updated our fundraising total today and we have raised $15,700 for our adoption! God is so faithful! We continue to see His hand in this journey as He provides in fun and creative ways. The cookie jar sales raised $1040. We are getting so close to having all the money we need for our initial adoption fees. Then we can focus on coming up with the $10,000 that we will need to travel to Ethiopia twice.

I am really looking forward to this weekend! We are having several couples over who are also adopting from Ethiopia. We are going to eat lots of yummy Christmas treats and exchange Christmas gifts! It's going to be so much fun. I just love getting together with these wonderful couples because they GET exactly what John and I are going through. They never get tired of talking about Ethiopia, the baby we are waiting on or the long, tedious adoption process.

I've also started writing a book about our adoption journey. I have made a lot of progress over the past few days and really like how it's coming together. Of course, I won't be able to finish it until we bring our baby home but I would like to get it finished up to the point when we step on the plane to go to Ethiopia. I'm thankful I work for a book publishing company and am able to work on my book in between projects. God knew I wanted to write a book about this journey and He has provided a way for me to do that. He never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment