Thursday, November 24, 2011

New Thanksgiving Traditions

This was the first year in 29 years that I was not with my family for Thanksgiving. I will admit I was a little sad this morning. I really like tradition, however, I made some new ones today. I work at the largest homeless shelter in Oklahoma and we have a huge Thanksgiving Banquet - my coworker Justin and I are in charge of making it happen. We had approximately 400 volunteers there today and that doesn't include the homeless that came to eat! It was crazy insane but also a lot of fun!
After the banquet, John and I had our Thanksgiving meal at Cracker Barrel and then headed home and took a LONG nap! This has been a crazy week and I was pooped. John and I drug all the Christmas decorations out of the attic and set up the Christmas tree. I still have ornaments to put on it, but I'll finish tomorrow. Now I am waiting until midnight - going to hit up Target. Told myself I wasn't going this year, but I have to keep some tradition, right??
Here are a few photos from our Thanksgiving! Now that the Thanksgiving chaos is over, we can focus on a little man who will be making his arrival SOON!

 Jordan, Justin, John and I at the Mission for the Thanksgiving Banquet.
 Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving Dinner...
 John didn't leave anything on his plate!
 My sweet friends Josh and Joe digging in to their dessert
 Maya and I..isn't she a doll??
This is the cutest little turkey I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment