Thursday, October 20, 2011

ONE

"I felt deep in my spirit that He was teaching me to care for the one person in front of me...I see thousands of deep brown eyes and feel thousands of little brown hands and I know that even on the hardest day, stopping is worth it. A life changed is worth it, even if only one. God's love made known is worth it, even if only to one. I will not save them all. But I will keep trying. I will say "yes". I will stop for one." ~Kisses from Katie

I don't live in Africa, but I work in a place where people are hurting, desperate to know the love Jesus. Each day my prayer should be "Lord, make me aware of the people you place in front of me. Even if it's just one person who needs to see Jesus. If I can only be Your hands and feet to one, show me who that is."

Showing the love of Jesus doesn't usually mean you have to do GRAND, EXTRAVAGANT things. It's the small things.

  • Stopping (even if I am super busy) to listen to Jennifer and her passion to help sex trafficking victims. Helping her do research. Sharing the Kisses for Katie book with her because she dreams of moving to Africa some day.
  • Holding Kaleigha each morning during chapel, even if it's only for 30 minutes, so her mom can have a break.
  • Handing out candy to the kids who bombard my desk and eagerly await their daily treat.
  • Letting Levi crawl in my lap while I work and answering his MANY questions.
  • Giving Maya a piece of paper and a pen so that she can color at my desk
  • Cheering on a little boy with frail legs as he runs and plays hockey - never letting his disability get in his way.
  • Praying for Adrienne - a little boy who I pray knows that Jesus loves him.
  • Tying Maya's shoelaces
  • Helping Sunshine start a resume so that she can go out and find a job
  • Helping a mother get to OKC so that she can be with her daughter during surgery
"We aren't really called to save the world, not even to save one person; Jesus does that. We are just called to love with abandon. We are called to enter into our neighbors' suffering and love them right there." ~Kisses from Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment