Thursday, October 13, 2011

In Less Than 2 Months....

Jackson Henry will make his arrival into the world!

I can't believe we are so close to his due date! The time definitely won't drag by for John and I. We have SO much going on from now until Thanksgiving. My mom has surgery, we have our golf tournament, we host Orphan Sunday at our church, I have a baby shower, my sister gets married and then it's Thanksgiving. And did I mention that the holidays are the busiest time at my job? We are preparing to hand out 2500 food boxes to the near homeless the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

So our schedule is jam packed all the way until Turkey Day and really and truly, little man could come anytime after that. We are going to blink and Jackson will be here. Life is crazy right now, but it will keep us busy while we wait for December to roll around.

We went to the attorney on Tuesday and signed the Petition for Adoption that will be filed with the court. Right now our attorney is focusing on making sure the baby daddy doesn't cause any grief. We were relieved to find out that his rights can be terminated before Jackson is born (unlike the mother's). Please pray that this will be a smooth process. I truly believe with all of my heart that God is going to honor the desire of the birthmother - for Jackson to be raised by a family who can provide all that he needs. Please continue to pray for our birthmother, for Jackson and each step we must complete to make him our son.

Some of my sweet friend's are throwing me a baby shower November 12th and I am so excited. At first I was hesitant about the shower, but we are going to celebrate with our friends and family and continue stepping out in faith. This baby is coming and we need to be prepared.....

John and I are almost finished with the nursery. Just a few finishing touches (and a baby!) We need to paint a shelf and hang it. I need to finish an art project for the room. (I plan to do that tonight while I watch Grey's Anatomy). I am making this awesome canvas that I found on Pinterest.

I also found this great globe, which will sit on the dresser under the canvas.


Speaking of dresser, my mom bought this really pretty refinished dresser for the nursery. My sister and her fiance are bringing it to us when they come for the golf tournament. I can't wait to see how it looks in the nursery (and fill it with itty bitty baby clothes!)



No comments:

Post a Comment