Saturday, July 16, 2011

Six Ways I Spent My Saturday

At the Zoo with John and Madison in the 150 degree heat. Seriously, we only lasted about two hours! But we saw the baby elephant and the cool lion below. Maddie had a blast and John and I had fun practicing for when we become parents some day. After the zoo we headed to McDonald's for a Happy Meal.



After a few hours in the brutal Oklahoma heat, John and I decided to take a nap in the cool air conditioning. I spent three hours here:


When John and I woke up we decided we needed a cool treat so we headed to one of our favorite spots. Il Dolce Gelato. Our friends Sommer and Neil own the place and it is fabulous! I had pina colada and watermelon gelato today. A great way to spend a hot summer day.


After gelato John was a trooper and took me to Pottery Barn Kids so that I could get some ideas for the nursery that we will soon begin to decorate. I saw this bedding and I really like it - but I'm not sure. It's hard when you don't know if you'll be getting a boy or a girl. I also found some great bedding online that is just bright and colorful and I may have my friend Kathleen make it for me since she's the queen of the sewing machine. So many ideas....



After looking at baby things, John and I tried out a new burger place in OKC. It was amazing! If you live in the area you must go to the Patty Wagon! Great burgers!



And last but not least, I got the logo for my new baking business! Isn't it the cutest thing ever?? Becky designed it for me! You can see other cute stuff she has done by clicking on the button to her blog, which is on the right hand side of my blog. I designed some business cards and I'm ready to spread the word about
 Sweet Inspirations!


4 comments:

  1. Awe, I'm the "queen of the sewing machine"? Thanks friend!! ;)

    LOVE the logo! Very cute!

    I'll be using you to make some stuff for Laynie's Birthday coming up in Sept!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the logo!! Awesome!!
    and I love that bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys had a great time at the zoo! I love the pictures! :)

    And I LOVE your logo! VERY cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics and the new logo! Cute! Hope you guys aren't melting too much out there!

    ReplyDelete