Wednesday, July 27, 2011

He's Weaving A Story....

Over the past 3 weeks, God has begun to weave a story together - a story I can't yet share- but one that God's hand is clearly all over. Yet there is something looming over the situation - a sort of Goliath - that has me a tad bit fearful.
Just like David, there is nothing that I can do in my own power to take down this Goliath. I have to place my confidence solely on God's power. I must place it in His hands and trust that He will make a way.
Last night I spent some time praying about this amazing thing God is doing in our lives and He led me to 1 Peter 3:6 which says "Do what is right and do not give way to fear..."
I heard the Lord whisper "why are you afraid? Your faith and hope is in Me and I am much bigger than what you are fearing - capable of overcoming these obstacles."
This morning I was listening to Kari Jobe on the way to work and she was singing "Nothing is impossible for you...Nothing is impossible for you..." and I was reminded once again that our Goliath is not bigger than our God. With just a sling of a stone it can be gone - if that's God's will.
But maybe this Goliath is in our situation to remind me daily that I HAVE to cling to Jesus. I have to step out in faith and realize that there is really nothing I can do but pray and trust God to move in this situation. This Goliath is another way of drawing me closer to my Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's a quite confusing right now--didn't think that was possible! :-) Glad you are finding peace in this craziness.

    ReplyDelete