Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Is Going to Be A Good Year....

On Saturday I started the Beth Moore Scripture Memory Challenge. My first verse for 2011 is Philippians 1:6 because I can't wait to see the work that God continues to do in my life in 2011. He began great things in 2010 and I feel Him stirring in my heart, continuing to change me.

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Beth Moore posted a great verse on her blog on New Year's Day and it really spoke to my heart.

"The Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, all the way you went until you came to this place." Deut. 1:31

God really did carry me in 2010. I hit some of the lowest places and He lifted me out of the heartache and despair. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today if God had not carried me, if my hope had not been in Him.
I look back on 2010 and see His faithful hand in every detail. He saw every tear that I shed over infertility, He felt every longing I had to be a mother and He experienced each burst of joy that I experienced as we realized His plan for us to adopt.
He feels 100x more love than I do ( and I already feel a ton of love) for this baby (or babies) we will soon bring home and call our own.
God is stirring in my heart - I feel like He has a big plan for me in 2011 - I wish I could put into words what He is doing in my life. I don't have the words quite yet to explain it.
I want to be radically obedient - I don't want to be in bondage to the things of this world and allow them to keep me from what God is trying to do in my life.
I don't want to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day because I trust my $32,000 salary more than I trust God to provide for my needs. I know I need to pay the bills but even more I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus - to make an eternal difference.
I want to share His love with the hurting world. I want to step out in faith and truly be His.
I think I might want to take a trip to Ethiopia before we travel there for our adoption. I want to burst out of my comfort zone, stop relying on my own strength and resources and let God use me the way He wants to use me for His kingdom.

Lord - Use me! Show me where you want me and what you need me to do this year. Help me to push my fears and hesitations aside and truly live for you this year; to be your servant in 2011. Show me Your glory! Guide me into your plans and purposes for your life. In Jesus' most precious name....Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment