Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Prayer is a Powerful Thing...Will You Join Me??

I was going to write about Holy Discontent today, but my heart is very heavy. It's been a week full of sad news and intense prayer and it's only Tuesday. I received prayer requests left and right yesterday.So many people are desperately hurting, have lost loved ones this week or have little ones who are sick.
I am humbled and privileged that I can go before the throne of grace on behalf of all these people (even if I have never met them) and lift up their concerns to a powerful and ABLE God.
Would you please join me in praying for these requests....
For the family in our church who lost a dear family member very suddenly...they are heartbroken and need the comfort and peace that only God can give.
For the family who is out of work and facing health problems. Pray that God would provide for their needs.
For two other families who lost loved ones this week. For comfort as they grieve.
For two precious babies who have been in Texas hospitals. One was born early and we are praying he continues to get stronger each day. The other has been sick and needs God's healing touch.
For the couple who was told that their unborn child could have something wrong with his or her heart - that God would place His healing hands on this baby and that the next sonogram will show complete healing.
I find great comfort knowing that God knows every single detail about the situations listed above. In a world where so many bad things happen, I am so glad that we can find rest in a sovereign God.
Prayer is a powerful thing. It moves mountains! It draws you closer to the heart of God. Will you join me in lifting these requests up to God? If we all lift up these requests together, I know that God will move mountains in these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment