John and I received the best news yesterday! Gladney called to say that we have been given the okay to move on to the next step in the adoption process. I was so happy I almost cried!! We have known for months that God has called us on this journey, but now we have “officially” started.
Last night I was daydreaming about our baby (or babies). I told John that I was so excited that I wanted to run out and buy baby furniture
We are set to have our phone orientation with Gladney on November 17th. They have sent us a ton of information that goes over, in detail, the full adoption process. Let me just say it is VERY overwhelming. There is so much to do and you have to make sure all your T’s are crossed and I’s are dotted.
I am very thankful that God has put other adoptive families (who have either been down this road or who are going down this road) in our lives. If I freak out or have questions, there are plenty of people I can go to for help.
I am also very thankful that I have God on my side through all of this. When I get overwhelmed, I can rest in Him. This adoption is HIS plan. He will help us get through all the paperwork; raise the rest of the money, etc.
We are “officially” on our way to “Bring Home the Missing Linck”
Please pray for the following:
• Patience – this is going to be a long journey
• Our future child (children) – protection and safety
• The birth mother – protection and safety for her
• That God will continue to provide the resources we need to fund the adoption
• That the process goes smoothly and we can get all of our ducks in a row in a timely manner
• That God will be glorified each step of the way!