Friday, October 29, 2010

How Great Is Our God.....

This morning as I was driving to work I was listening to the song “How Great Is Our God.” I almost always get emotional when I sing this song - today was no exception. Especially after the amazing way God provided for our adoption yesterday.



When I got home John handed me an envelope that one of his co-workers had given to him (he had already opened it). When I looked inside there was a check for $1,000! Can you believe it??? $1,000!!!!


I couldn’t believe my eyes! I am humbled by the sacrifice this couple made to help us bring home our Missing Linck. They, too, have adopted and know the joys and financial stresses of this journey we are on. We are so thankful for their generous donation. Words can’t adequately express our gratitude.


I must say that it’s kind of hard to write the words above, when I know there is a family trying desperately to come up with the money they need to bring their little girl home. Please consider making a donation to this family. Every $1 makes a difference. If they can’t come up with the money they need (it’s only about $3000) they will not be able to bring their daughter home. Pray, pray, pray that God will move mountains for this family. I know He can….


A few other updates for you:


• We have already heard back from Gladney. They received our application and family photo but have requested a letter from John’s doctor regarding his Crohn’s Disease. We are hoping his doctor will have the letter ready today. Once we turn that in we should be set to proceed to the next step of the process.


• We are still selling t-shirts! We need to sell 25 more before we can place the order. Please spread the word. If you want a shirt you can order it through the blog (the button is on the right side) and I will mail it to you.


• We are also still selling Puzzle Pieces. So far we have sold 20 pieces. Still need to sell 40 pieces so that we can put the puzzle together, frame it and hang it in the nursery. Remember, when you sponsor a piece for $20, your name will be written on the back of the piece. We want to remember everyone who has helped us bring this baby home. You can sponsor a puzzle piece here on the blog too (right hand side)


• Now through November 12, my sister is having her Scentsy Fundraiser to benefit our adoption. It’s a great way to get your Christmas shopping done early. Myka will be donating all of her earnings towards the adoption (that’s 20% of all sales). You can purchase items here.

No comments:

Post a Comment