Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Writing Like a Crazy Lady...

For years I've wanted to attend a Christian Writing Conference hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries and this July I am going to be there! Woot Woot!
When I stumbled across the website a few weeks ago I thought there was no way I could go - I had just quit my job to stay home with Jackson and the conference wasn't cheap. But I really felt like I was supposed to go since I want to complete my book about our adoption journey. I started praying and it dawned on me that I could invite the lady whose book I wrote because she would probably be super interested in the speaking track of the conference AND if we went together it would cut down on the cost. I e-mailed her, she said yes and we are going to North Carolina in July.
Thanks to my Dad who let me use some of his points to purchase a plane ticket and to my hubby who let me dip into our savings account, my dream to attend this conference is going to become a reality.
Not only will I learn a crazy amount about writing and blogging, etc. I will also have the chance to meet with publishers. Eekk!
That being said, I am writing like a mad woman these next few months to complete my manuscript so that I have something to present to the publishers I meet with.
So if my blog is kind of quite...it's because I'm at the nearest Panera Bread pounding away on my lap top (or I'm changing a diaper!).

No comments:

Post a Comment