Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jackson's First Easter...

We missed church on Easter! Jackson had a super weird night last night and when my alarm went off at 6 a.m. to get ready for sunrise service I didn't dare wake my sleeping Little Man. We were up every 30 minutes to an hour with him. I was totally bummed that we missed church, yet I know that Jesus is in my heart and it didn't matter where I was. I could celebrate this day! He is alive! He has risen! In Him we have HOPE!

Besides, on Good Friday, Jackson and I had church in our kitchen. We listened to a CD of old hymns and read the Easter story from his children's Bible. Oh, how I love old hymns. They remind me of my great-grandmother. I want to make sure Jackson learns them. We don't sing them often at the church we attend, but I can remember the words from my childhood. My great-grandmother never forgot them, even when she got Alzheimer's.

Here's a few photos from Jackson's First Easter:

 Jackson's Easter Basket from Auntie M...
 Jackson's Easter Basket from Mommy and Daddy...
 Easter Sunday with my family - Auntie M and Uncle Paulie, John, Jackson and Me and Pop and Lolli
 Next year Jackson will get to hunt eggs and fill up his basket....
 This year he thought he'd try and stick an egg in his mouth...
 Mommy, Jackson and Auntie M
 Jackson with Auntie M and Lolli

Daddy and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment