Monday, January 2, 2012

Quick Update Through Photos...

I've been dying to blog all the details of the day Jackson was born, about the mommy meltdown I had and just HOW hard the first three weeks have been and my highs and lows of 2011 - but between diapers, feedings, NO sleep and lots of visitors I haven't had a chance. But I will! Promise!
We are starting to get into somewhat of a routine - the best we can for a 3 week old (on Wednesday that is). Until I have time to sit down and share all the amazing (and not so amazing) things about the past few weeks, I will just share a few photos.....

 A coworker gave Jackson this hat and it's so perfect for him - my dad is a huge hunter/outdoors man. I told my mom he needed some camo pants to go with it and she didn't waste any time finding some.
 Our little family
 John's mom and dad (Missie and Dude) came to meet Jackson a few days after he was born...
 This is Autry - I have blogged about her and the sweet letters she wrote me while we waited to adopt a baby. When we first told her we were adopting from Ethiopia she and her mom researched Ethiopia and she explained Gotcha Day to me. She was SO excited to meet Jackson. She held him for an hour and a half and even fed him. My mom told her we were going to have to pay her to babysit and she replied "They can just pay me in Baby Love!"
 This is my family in Texas on Christmas Eve! They are just smitten with our little man!
 Daddy is starting him out young - only Cardinals Baseball will do!
 Pop and Lolli and Auntie Myka made sure Jackson had
plenty of Christmas gifts
 Christmas Day 2011
 Aunt Adrienne meeting Jackson
 This was my New Year's Eve Date (well, and John too!) What a sweet little man to smooch at midnight!
To say my dog Story is spoiled would be an understatement. She has been my baby for six years. Her little world has been turned upside down but she LOVES Jackson. She guards him and is always close by. Right after I took this photo, Story decided to get IN the car seat with Jackson! I didn't get a photo because I was too worried about getting her out before she suffocated him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment