Sunday, April 17, 2011

Drum Roll Please.....

When we started planning our dinner/silent auction in February our prayer was that God would be glorified. We wanted the people who attended the event to see the amazing things that God has done for our adoption journey, as well as, for the Habuda's and Ellis'.
Saturday went off without a hitch! We had an amazing crowd and the night was so much fun. I honestly feel like I got to enjoy every minute of it - it's not just a big blur in my mind.
We have prayed and prayed and prayed for this event and God showed up BIG time!
I believe that hearts were softened towards the idea of adoption and the importance of orphan care. I feel like people who maybe didn't "get" why we were traveling down this road now see God's amazing plan for our families.
During the adoption video there were many tears - as I watched a nanny hand over an Ethiopian bundle of joy to the couple in the video I just lost it. My heart swelled with emotion knowing that one day that will be John and I. We will be in Ethiopia and our child or children will be placed in our arms. The thought of that day is overwhelming, exciting and humbling.
As I prayed for this event I just asked that God would provide the resources we all need to fund our adoptions. I thought it would be cool if we could all just walk away with about $500 or so - God had other plans. At the end of the night we tallied up what we had raised and were humbled and brought to tears when Sarah's sister announced that we had raised $4,918.50! Only God! He probably laughed at my measly idea of $500 a couple.
Once we split up the money, it looks like each couple will receive about $1600. We are all so grateful for everyone who came out and supported this event - thank you for buying tickets, participating in the raffle, bidding on auction items and encouraging us on this journey. Here are just a few photos from last night.....
 The Ellis', Habuda's and us sporting our adoption t-shirts...
 John and I were so blessed to have our families in town for the event. We could not have done it without all of their help and support! Here we are wearing our Missing Linck t-shirts.
I love these girls more than anything in the world! So glad to be on this adoption journey with them.

 Me and sweet Eli!
 My friend Tim and his girlfriend Jennifer came out to support the adoption of our little "nuggets" as Tim calls them!
 Super blessed to know the Andrew's and for all of their support
 Abby and Jordan came out and Abby sang during the event.
Me and Solomon - love him! 

4 comments:

  1. WHOA!! What an amazing community you all have around you! It's awesome you have such a great support system! You're getting to your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! It was such a great night and we are blessed to follow your journey with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is amazing! I wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God with you!!! What an amazing blessing!! I'm your newest follower and I'd love if you came to follow our adoption journey, as well!

    Lindsey :)
    almcrock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete