Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trusting God to Provide in His Perfect Timing

"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes."
~ 1 Sam. 12:16

Just this week I have seen God do amazing things before my eyes. He provided the $1300 Clint and Kathleen needed in a way that I never would have dreamed of. He has also provided almost $2800 for the Shubins through a 48 hour Facebook-A-Thon. If they reach $2800 by midnight tonight their adoption will be fully funded!
Although I have seen these amazing things this week, I have also been a little discouraged about our puzzle piece fundraiser. It hasn't gone as well as I had hoped despite doing the giveaway.
This morning as I was praying, I felt like the Lord was saying that maybe I should take a break from fundraising for a while. God has provided the money we need to cover all of the adoption fees and all we lack is money to travel. Since we won't be traveling (in all likelihood) for at least a year, I feel like God is saying:
Be still. Take a break. I will provide the additional money that you need at exactly the right moment.
I trust that God will provide the travel money 100% but I am such a "doer" that I feel like I should be fundraising and doing my part to come up with the money, but God is telling me to "Be still and know that He is God." and to "Stand still and see the great thing He is going to do before my eyes."
I need to remember that God doesn't need me or my efforts to provide the additional money. He can do it all on His own.
Maybe we won't sell the remaining 29 puzzle pieces or maybe we will. Maybe God has a different plan for providing.
Maybe I just need to stop doing things in my own strength and pray more - pray for God's provision and that He will put the right people in our lives that have a heart for adoption and for the orphan.
Maybe I need to be like Elijah and have the kind of faith and pray the powerful prayer knowing that God's going to move on our behalf - that its not about the money as much as it is about God making Himself known through our adoption process - that people have no doubt that it's been His hand that has provided every single dollar of the $18,367 that we have raised. And it will be His hand that provides every penny of the last $9,700 we need whether I fundraise or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment