Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughts On The Recent Ethiopia Adoption News

I believe with everything in me that John and I have babie(s) waiting for us in Ethiopia. They may not have been conceived yet, but God made it very clear to us in February 2010 that we were supposed to adopt from Ethiopia. Since putting Ethiopia on our hearts, He has allowed every single detail of this adoption to fall in place at just the right moment.

The recent news report that Ethiopia plans to cut adoptions by up to 90% has the Ethiopia adoption community in a frenzy. Many families are unsure of what will happen. Families who are just weeks away from being on the Wait list (John and I are one of those couples, as well as, several of our close friends) are uncertain of how long they will actually have to wait before receiving a referral.
Even before this news story came out, I had prepared myself for a long wait. I had already come to terms with the fact that it would probably be next summer before we even received a referral. With the recent development regarding adoptions in Ethiopia we could be waiting a whole lot longer.
I could be freaking out right now, but I can honestly say I have a complete peace; the peace that only comes from God.
I came across this verse several weeks ago in Habakkuk and Rebecca reminded me of it again last week. I will cling to this verse during this time of uncertainty, but I know from the depth of my soul that God is in control.

“If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.” Habakkuk 2:3

God’s timing is perfect. It’s not always easy to wait for His timing but He is working all the details out. There will be a baby girl or a baby boy (maybe both) that will be a part of our family at the exact time that God has planned for them to join us.
I realize that as the months go by and we continue to wait my heart is going to yearn for those babies. To see their precious faces and kiss their tiny toes. John and I are so ready to get on a plane to Ethiopia, but we have to have patience and trust that God’s plan is far better than any that we could come up with on our own.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
 Isaiah 55: 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment