Monday, July 26, 2010

Get Hopeful!!!

Sunday at church we talked about hope - hope in the midst of suffering and our fears.
I am so thankful that my hope is in Christ. Without that hope, I could easily fall into a pit of despair when I hear of yet another person who is pregnant or has just had a baby.
Satan would love to mess with me (and believe me, he tries). He whispers lies such as "What's wrong with you that you can't get pregnant?" "Why is is so easy for everyone else?" "You must be paying for your past sins."
Thankfully, "the reason for the hope that I have" (1st Peter 3:15) is my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have tucked His promises in my heart and they are the weapons that I use against Satan's schemes. Despite the hard times; the things I don't understand, I can have HOPE!!
God promises us beautiful and encouraging things....
Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." and Jeremiah 29:11 promises "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
I'm not going to lie, hearing about so many people who are pregnant and having babies is tough; especially when my heart's desire is to be a mom. When John and I really want to start a family. But I REFUSE to question God! I am NOT going to fall into the trap that Satan wants me to fall into.
At church yesterday, our preacher encouraged us to "exude hope into the lives of others."
I pray that I never allow my hope in God to be overshadowed by infertility issues or the doubts that Satan tries to plant in my heart.
I want to always be "real" with people. I don't want to pretend that this road to our "Missing Linck" is all flowers and happiness - it's not. It's been filled with tears, too many doctors appointments, a lot of unknowns and heartache; but, there has always been HOPE. There has always been the steadfast love of Christ; knowing that each and every detail is in the palm of His hand. That's the only reason I can wake up each day, see another Face book post announcing a pregnancy and not fall apart; not question God.
May I ALWAYS exude hope into the lives of others. May I always "be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks me to give the reason for the hope that I have."

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment