Friday, July 6, 2012

One Year Ago...

One year ago, I was headed out the door at work to meet my friend, Shelli, for lunch. A coworker stopped me in the hall to ask if John and I would be interested in adopting a baby due in December. One of the clients at the Mission where I worked, was pregnant and wanted to find a family for her baby.
My initial thought was there was no way we could adopt the baby without me loosing my job. I remember Shelli and I talking about the baby and going over all the "what ifs". The more I talked about it, the more I felt like God was opening a new door for John and I to start a family. He moved mountains so that we could give that baby the family his birth mother desired for him to have. He's a miracle! An answer to so many prayers. I am still humbled and in awe of how God wove together the lives of 2 people at the Mission for the sake of a baby boy in need of a family.That conversation in the hallway changed me life!! Five short months later we welcomed Jackson Henry Linck into the world!
Our lives have been better ever since! How could it not be seeing this sweet face every day.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment