Sunday, September 19, 2010

God is ABLE! But do I really believe that He is able, with all of my heart, soul and mind? Does my life reflect that I believe this truth?
I think far too often I put too much trust in people (who are going to let me down) and not enough trust in God.
This week during my Bible study I learned that our foundation (what we believe about God) is critical to our spiritual growth.
Two key concepts to a good spiritual foundation are: (1) Knowing God is ABLE (2) Knowing He is trustworthy and faithful.
"Unless we are convinced that His character is trustworthy, we may be tempted to doubt either His ability or His willingness to meet our needs." (Priscella Shirer)
This week I have doubted. I have forgotten that my God is ABLE to provide the finances for this adoption. ABLE to provide 4 more teams for the golf tournament. ABLE to move in the frustrating areas of my job.
I've had a rotten attitude and God reminded me that He doesn't like my grumbling and complaining (Philippians 2:14) I am supposed to give thanks always - in all circumstances! (1st Thessalonians 5:18)
I have been trying to do things in my own strength. I've allowed the unfaithfulness of other people to affect the way I perceive the faithfulness of God. Overall, I've failed the faith test over the past few days. But Praise God that He is ABLE! That when I fail, He is right there to pick me up, to carry the load and to help me to overcome my unbelief. All I have to do is cry out to Him!
All I have to do is fix my eyes on Jesus! (Hebrews 12:2) Turn my focus away from my "impossible" situations and instead focus on Jesus.
In my Bible study, I am learning that "the abundant life means pouring out honor, praise and worship in spite of difficult circumstances." I have not done a good job of that this week.
I must remember:
  1. My God is ABLE!
  2. My God is able to surprise me
  3. NOW is the time to start considering the ability of God.
  4. The abundant life is when, in the midst of my impossible situation I say "Now is the time!"

"Whatever God has asked me to pursue, He will accompany me to complete. I can move forward with confidence since His ability will equip me to accomplish any task that He places before me." (Priscella Shirer)

No comments:

Post a Comment