Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Garage Sale Was a HUGE Success....

A BIG Thank You goes out to the Aga's, Jackson's, Shuler's, Wiley's, Hands and LeeAnn for donating items for our garage sale today. We raised $700....more than I ever dreamed we would! Today marks one month until we turn in our application and "officially" start the adoption process. This adoption has been on our hearts and one of our top priorities for over 8 months now. I can't imagine how we are going to feel when we mail that application off on October 25th (our 2-year wedding anniversary!) 
As of today, we have raised $9,150. WOW! God is providing in such amazing ways! We are over half-way to our goal of $18,000!
Today during the garage sale, we met several people who have adopted children. It was neat getting to hear their stories. One lady shared how she and her husband adopted a son, but he passed away at the age of 18. She reminded me that children are really loaned to us by God and sometimes it's only for a short while. She told me not to take a single moment of this journey for granted. I almost bawled my eyes out. But what a humbling reminder that God has chosen John and I for this journey. He is entrusting one of His precious children to our care. 
Here are a few photos from the garage sale. We sold almost EVERYTHING! We also had some local firemen come visit our sale in their firetruck :)



 John and I. We aren't big fans of garage sales (our last one was a huge bust!) but we'll do about anything for our Missing Linck!
 Shelli and I. Thank you Aga's for letting us use your garage and driveway. Garage Sales are just better in Norman!!!
 There was a constant stream of people all morning.....
 Shelli and I thought we had done something wrong when the firetruck pulled up :)
  This was all that was left!

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO!!! I'm so thrilled for you all and the awesome success of your sale!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete