Friday, April 8, 2011

Really Washington? Really??

First things first, I do not put my hope or trust in man or the silly government officials who are acting like children and putting so many people in tough situations because they can't agree on a budget. I put my hope in only one and that's God.
Now having said that, John and I have spent this week uncertain of what will happen if the government does shut down. John works for the VA and we were preparing ourselves for the worst case scenario. God has already answered some of our prayers. John was told today that the VA is funded through 2011 so he will be able to work and get paid if the government does shut down. Thank you Jesus! On the other hand, we are still praying and trusting for God to MOVE on behalf of thousands and thousands of other people this potential shutdown will affect.
We received some great news from our adoption agency today, saying they will start handing out referrals to Ethiopia again starting next week. I was so excited to hear this news that we have been waiting on and then I realized that a shutdown will affect adoptions in a big way. For John and I it may mean we have to wait longer to get put on the Wait List.  We are still waiting to receive our approval letters from Homeland Security and if the government shuts down who knows when we will get those letters. We are just waiting on the letters to arrive so that we can submit our dossier, however, if the government shuts down then we can't submit it. Ugh!
I think the people in Washington need to pull their heads out and take a long hard look at just how immature they are being - so many people will be in limbo, hanging on by a thread to make ends meet, all because a bunch of rich people want to argue over petty things. They aren't too worried because they'll still get their big fat paychecks.
I am not usually one to rant and rave about politics. For the most part I am pretty clueless about what the democrats and republicans are up to. I just think it's so silly that things have come down to this.
It's in times of uncertainty like this that I am SO thankful that my hope is in the Lord. I think I might have posted this verse earlier in the week but it makes sense to post it again regarding the situation our nation has found itself in. As a Christian I can cling to Isaiah 2:22 "Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?"
Despite how messed up and yucky our country becomes in the days ahead, God is still sovereign, He is in control.
All I can do is pray that God stirs in the hearts of our leaders, that they will listen and that our country will move in a better direction.

"They will turn to the Lord and he will respond to their pleas and heal them." Isaiah 19:22

No comments:

Post a Comment